Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A New Home

I have found our dog a wonderful new home! She lives in the country now where she has lots of room to run around and play. She really likes her new owner and her new home. She has lots of new friends to play with...the human and the furry kind. It only took her 3 days to adapt to her new environment.

I miss her but I know I'm doing the best thing for her and for us. I'm surprised our son hasn't asked for her much. He did once and I told him she's gone "bye bye" and he seemed satisfied with the answer and never asked me again.

As much as I miss her, it has really taken a load off my shoulder not to have to tend to her. It looks like we won't be getting another dog any time soon.

Goodbye Ginger...we miss you!!!!!

4 comments:

Bee Ean said...

Thanks God this turned out good for both of you.

KLGIRL said...

Hey Carin. Thanks for your comment on my blog the other day. Yeah, my Mom should be here by the 21st at the latest. She's coming early for Halloween and to help me get ready for the baby. Plus, I get to be pampered by her! LOL. Who can resist that right??

I'm sorry to hear about your dog - it must have been so hard for you to give her up. I know I went through a similar experience with my cat. I had to give him up too for the same reason as well - my daughter was so small then and she literally tortured him with her affection. He didn't like kids much and then when I suddenly got asthma and allergy problems - well, he had to go unfortunately.

Your reasons for giving up your dog is why we are still without a dog too tho every once in awhile both my hubby and daughter will ask me when I was gonna let them have a pet. They're both dog lovers and me - I'm not so much a pet lover but I'm just waiting till both kids are old enough to appreciate the responsibility of having pets like dogs at home. I don't want to be stuck with the dog's care while hubby is deployed either. :)

Carin said...

It's wise of you not to have any more pets for now. I think it's hard for some people to understand how someone can give up their pets..but unless you have walked in our i.e. military wives' shoes, I don't think it's fair for them to judge, don't you think?

Lady Gargle said...

Yippeeee! I believe Ginger will be happy in her new home :)