Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Confessions Of A Neat Freak

I am a self-confessed neat freak. I love CLEAN. I didn't say I love TO clean! I just don't like mess. I like things to be organised and tidy. Clutter just drives me crazy!

My husband on the other hand, is more laid-back and messy at times. You would think that with all the training he received from the Marine Corps, he would be able to make beds so well that coins would just bounce off them! Alas….that is just a fantasy when it comes to my darling hubby. I would be ecstatic if he just made the bed. Period! If you enter our bedroom, you can tell straight away which side of the room is mine and which is his. He jokes constantly about how a hurricane has just gone through his side of the room! HA! HA! HA!

With a toddler and a dog running around the house constantly, the cleaning can be quite time-consuming. So, I've worked out a schedule on when to do what. Now, if only the hubby, kid and dog will get with the program!! I've tried "being messy" and have this "tidak apa" (couldn't care less) attitude. Didn’t work. I guess I'm stuck in a "cleaning world".

I have posted a pic of my side of the bed and hubby's side of the bed. Can you tell which is which? LOL!!! But I still love him dearly :)





6 comments:

HI said...

Carin, all men are like that, mine's the same. They are messy and clumsy. Steve is always dropping bits of food on the floor.

If he's having a snack, he will brush crumbs of food left on his hands on his pants, like a kid. Go figure.

Bee Ean said...

Calin,

Same here. My parents in laws are very tidy person, but their son, I think it's a total failure! Sometimes he told there is nothing to clean, just ask me to sit beside him watching TV, while you can clearly see everything's on the floor. sigh*

Anonymous said...

Carin,
It comes with the territory of being a wife and mother. Wait until you have teens.

Anonymous said...

It was me who is anonymous,
Na'imah

Anonymous said...

Carin,
Thanks for linking on your blog.

I also linked you on my Ecafe social network.Check it out.

Don't forget to subscribe to my feed.
In a couple of days, I am going to have a page called Asktheexpert. It is all the questions that I encountered before my traffic went up like now. So stay tune !

You would love topics like how to make money with the photos I post on my blog :).

Cheers !
Jamy from seaykopitiam

Gillian said...

LOL Carin, same here. DH would start to use a new toothpaste or bottle of shampoo when there is still some left. Same goes with toilet paper. Guess who has to be the one that use the old ones till the last bit?