Saturday, July 28, 2007

How God Blessed Us Today


One of the tires on our car needed to be replaced badly. We took it to a tire shop last Saturday to have it checked out. They said they can only let us know in a couple of days when they check the availability at the warehouse. My husband asked how much it will cost and the gentleman said approximately "$71". A few days after that, the gentleman from the tire shop called to let us know that the tires we currently have on our car are being phased out. However, they are replacing it with a better model that covers more mileage. It is a more expensive tire ($85) but he will give it to us for the same price of "$71" as he had promised when we were at the store.

We went to the store today to get this tire changed. We don't have the money for it and payday is next week. So, we decided that we were going to charge it to my credit card. After the tire was changed, I went up to the counter to pay. And the gentleman said "One Forty Four". I said "$144??!!But you said it was going to be only $71". He replied "No, I meant to say, One dollar and forty four cents" ($1.44). He replaced the tire for us for FREE. The $1.44 was for the tax.

Wow!! All I can say is that I know it wasn't anything we did or said.
It was GOD. Plain and simple.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How amazing and wonderful! It's always the best feeling when God watches out for us when we really need it the most.

HI said...

Wow! That's great. So generous of that man to do that.

Bee Ean said...

Wow, that's amazing. Is he the boss?

Carin said...

Yeah, I think he's the boss. We were really touched by his gesture.

Anonymous said...

In some cases, when you buy a tire there's a warranty that says if they can't replace a tire, they'll replace it with a new one. But you can buy an insurance too for a small amount. I had one tire that was damaged but becoause that model was discontinued, they replace all four with the closest model and we upgraded to a better set and paid the difference. They were concerned that my van wasn't going to be as stable with one different tire.

Christi said...

God answers prayers... "God bless my NC Navarro family."