Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A picture speaks a thousand words


Yes, that's right!! We're expecting another baby! I just found out yesterday afternoon. I have yet to go to the doctor. But according to my calculation using a due date calculator this baby should be due some time in the middle of March 2008. Any guesses whether we will be having a boy or a girl? According to the Chinese gender prediction chart, we're having a girl. But it said I was going to have a girl when I had my first child...which turned out to be a boy. We're really excited and have been talking about baby No. 2 for awhile now. So, we're really happy that it finally happened. My husband really wants a girl. But I'm happy either way.

The only thing I'm bumped about is that my husband is not going to be around when this next one is born as he will be on a deployment to Iraq. But that's ok. Hundreds of military spouses have done it. So can I! I know I will be ok here as I have a wonderful support group here amongst my friends and church members.

I know this may sound strange but I think my son knew that I'm pregnant even before I did. He has been acting a little strange in the last week or so. He has been SUPER clingy and only wants me to do things for him. If my husband tries to hold him or do things for him, he gets upset! In the last few nights, he has also been waking up in the middle of the night screaming for me. So, I got this feeling that maybe he knew. So, after I found out yesterday, I had a long talk with him. Told him how he's going to be a big brother. And how Mommy still loves him very, very much, etc. And after our talk, he's back to his usual self! Not clingy anymore and he slept through the night. A child's instinct, I guess. Looks like I'm going to have to work with him a little bit more on this being a big brother thingy!

7 comments:

rach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

Congratulations Carin! =) So happy for you. You must take good care and have happy mood all the time ya! We are always here to share with you and support you! Can't wait to know the baby's gender, so aunty Kitman can knit her/his something!!!


Kitman

Gillian said...

Congratulations again. Yeah, it's funny how big bro can sensed things, huh? But don't worry, very soon, your two kids will be so close that they will be the bestest of all friends!!!

Bee Ean said...

Congrats congrats!! I know I said that I will try out a baby but until now we still do nothing and still hesitating! I feel happy for you.

Unknown said...

Hey Carin,
Congrats!!!
It is good news and about time for a second one..ahaha...
Err...you ever heard that Chinese say you should stay away from "cooling" things like watermelon, for the first few months, haven't you? I read that you have a liking for watermelon these days....hmmm..CQ

Carin said...

Aik...Cheen Wah, I never knew that. Aiya....so far away from home...where got follow all these pantang larang one. Actually, I just ate watermelon yesterday!

Chrissy Koh said...

hey sis... congrats... sorry fr the late reply. My office cant access hotmail. Just forward all yr updates to my chriskoh77@gmail.com