Sunday, September 9, 2007

This Is Where It Begins

Today is the last day of my husband's 2-week pre-deployment leave. Wow! How time flies! We spent a lot of quiet, lazy days at home. We also had family come for visits...which are always fun.

Now, this is where it all starts. After this, he goes off for training for a month. Then, off to a 7-month deployment in Iraq. This will be his 2nd deployment.

There are 2 things that I'm sad about with this upcoming deployment. First of all, he's going to miss the birth of our second child. There are days where I think to myself "You can do this! Thousands of military wives have done this...so can you!"...and there are days I think "What am I going to do? How will I get through this?". Thank God I have a strong support system here....and faith that God will work things out for us.

Secondly, he's going to miss Christmas (and all the nearby holidays) with the family 2 years in a row. Last year, he was deployed over Christmas as well. Bummer, huh? But what to do? Such is the life of a military spouse.

6 comments:

HI said...

Carin,

My heart goes out to you. It's so hard having to give birth without Miguel around but I salute your bravery.

I hope your parents will be here to help you and I'm glad you have a strong support system.

DCampbell aka Puteri said...

Be strong, Carin. I'm happy to hear that you have a strong support group around you. You will do great. Miguel will be proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Carin,
I hope and pray that everything will go well.
Be strong !
Jamy

Anonymous said...

Carin, you are one amazing lady. I admire your courage and can-do attitude.
Love
Grace

Anonymous said...

Best Wishes to you and your family. Take good care of yourself and wishing you smooth sailing through your pregnancy.

Bee Ean said...

Carin,

You are such a strong woman. Hopefully everything goes well.