Sunday, September 2, 2007

15 Things I Do To Save Money

I got tagged by Lynette. So, here goes....15 things I do to save money :

1. I set my thermostat at 78 degrees F or higher.

2. I close vents in rooms/areas we don't often use.

3. I follow the speed limit when I drive. I also combine trips to save fuel and I never leave my car running idle.

4. Eat home-cooked meals.

5. I use compact fluorescent light bulbs.

6. I also turn lights and fans off when I leave a room.

7. I unplug any electrical item I am not using.

8. I turn off my computer every night.

9. I recycle plastic bags, plastic containers, Ziploc bags, jars...anything that can be re-used.

10. I always ask myself "Is this a need or a want?" before I purchase anything.

11. I pay bills online and on time to avoid late fees and cost of a stamp.

12. Instead of spending money on all kinds of expensive cleaners, I make my own multi-purpose cleaning using vinegar, water and baking soda.

13. I buy store brands, second-hand clothes, toys and misc. items from thrift stores and yard sales.

14. I buy things off-season.

15. I run my dishwasher or washing machine only when it is full.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I like paying bills online too! I think it also reduces the amount of paper to handle and the use of paper.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks sooooo much for passing these on....they're very very easy & to follow everyday! Hope you had a great Labor Day weekend! :)