Saturday, September 22, 2007

Unbelievable!!

I didn't get to bed till 2.00am last night. Why? Because a stupid drunk driver crashed into my front yard!!!! I was just relaxing and watching re-runs on TV when I heard a very loud thud just after 11.00pm. I peeked out the window and I see a minivan crashed in my front yard!!!

Witnesses called 911. Within minutes, I had the sheriff's department, the fire department and the EMS in my driveway. It was like a scene out of the movies. The driver fled the scene but witnesses saw where he went and the police managed to get him.

Thank God all he hit was just the side of a tree and he tore up my yard and my neighbour's yard. It could have been much, much worse. Thank God we have a huge yard and a long driveway. Arrghh!!! Why do these things tend to happen a lot when hubby is not around??!!! I call this the Murphy's Law of Deployment!

I tried to get some pics but it was hard to do so in the dark. Here are some from last night and this morning :



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so sorry that this happened to you! You're right though.....thank God it was no worse & they didn't hit your house or car. I'm glad they did eventually apprehend the driver.

Anonymous said...

yes u can probably go buy a toto..life is short yah...luckily everyone alright...u all shld sue the driver heehee :)
rocker

Anonymous said...

Can't believe I missed all the excitement!!!

Anonymous said...

Those trees seem to collect those kinds of things. Didnt a similar accident happened a while back? I think its a good thing that the trees are there to protect your houses. Glad your ok!!

Bee Ean said...

Gosh at least nobody is hurt.