Monday, August 13, 2007

Crochet and Knit Patterns

I picked up crocheting not too long ago. I just bought myself a kit via Ebay and followed the instructions using the book and hooks in the kit. So far, I've made a few basic items like scarfs, baby blankets, booties and hats. I'm currently working on another baby blanket.

I would like to proceed to more advanced patterns but have yet to find the courage or confidence to do so. Some of the instructions are still so confusing to me. I think it's a little harder when you don't have anyone to show you how to do some of the stitches. But I will not give up! I enjoy crocheting and find it very therapeutic. Not to mention, completely satisfying when I see the end results and the faces of my friends when they receive my gifts.

Here's one of the sites I like to visit to get patterns from :
http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/index.php
This site features both crochet and knit patterns.

If you like knitting, you should check out my friend, Kit Man's site Knit Your Love. She is an awesome knitter and has some really cool patterns.

2 comments:

Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

Hey Carin,
Thanks for the puji-pujian ya! Wait till you know the sex of your baby, I will knit you something too! =)
Happy crocheting gal!

Carin said...

No problem. I really admire people who are good in arts and crafts. I'm only a beginner.