Friday, August 3, 2007

Mommies Night Out

Our church just started a new "Mommy and Me" group. We had our first Mommies Night Out last night. It was awesome! I can't remember the last time I had an all-girls night out.

We went to a local restaurant. It was nice to be able to eat unhurried and uninterrupted. No fussy child, no having to tend to someone else. The luxury of being able to focus on just me was really nice. And being able to do this with some friends and have some great conversation and great food.....fabulous.

Apparently, my 2 year old did really well being left alone at home with Daddy. And Daddy survived too. Hmm....I might have to do this more often!

3 comments:

HI said...

Good for you. At the moment, I still can't let go. Those few rare times that Steve and I go out for dinner & the in-laws babysit, I find myself thinking of Olivia and wanting to hurry back to her.

Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

Good to know that Carin! =) I miss my girls night out too! Miss them terribly!

Carin said...

Hooi Imm, I was like that too the first few times I left him with family. Kept calling and checking to see if he's ok.