Saturday, August 18, 2007

Little Peanut

I had my first appointment at the hospital on Friday. I had to attend a brief orientation with lots of paperwork, followed by my first ultrasound and labwork. For this ultrasound, I had to have a full bladder. Not fun! But seeing my tiny baby on the screen and his/her heartbeat made up for the discomfort.

For the labwork, I had to do a urine test and lots of blood work. They had a hard time finding a vein! They poked me 6 different times and moved the needle around under my skin to locate a vein (ouch!). I don't know who was more happy when we finally did find one and sucked 6 vials of blood out of me! Now, I look like a druggie who had one too many hits! Urrgghh...hate needles.

Anyway, as of today, I'm 9 weeks pregnant. Little peanut has been making me feel really tired and hungry ALL the time. But ain't my peanut cute??!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe..yr little peanut....sure look tiny not even snoopy can tell apart...anyway heartiest congrats!
rocker

Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

Carin, thats your peanut!!! How amazing huh? Anyway, poor you! about the needle injection! Take care gal!

Anonymous said...

That's so wonderful!! Good luck & CONGRATULATIONS!

HI said...

Carin, how wonderful is it to see your little peanut. :-)

I'm the same as you, they couldn't find a vein on my arm becos they are so fine. The lab must have taken 240 vials of blood from me!

HI said...

Sending you baby girl vibes!